Helping Liverpool's cats since 1942. Here at the Boote Home for Cats our mission is to care for, and where possible, rehome abandoned and stray cats.
For those who can't take a cat but want to support us, please see our Get Involved page, where you can see various ways to help us.
We believe that every cat can find a suitable home; we make every effort to send the right cat to the right home.
For further information please leave us a message on 0151 228 4336. We don't check the emails regularly, so please ring us if you want to contact us about anything.
How we do it
- Our homing is focused on the cats, not the new owners: we are looking for people who want to help a rescued cat; we are not a service for providing pets.
- We consider every cat to be homeable.
- Every home is vetted.
- We ensure that every kitten adopted from us is neutered.
- We never have cats euthanased, except on veterinary advice, as a last resort.
- Cats adopted from us can be returned to us at any time, regardless of how long they have been in the home.
- We neuter all cats over the age of 4 months.
- We microchip all cats over the age of 2 months.
- We spay pregnant females, unless the birth looks imminent.
- We endeavour to be environmentally aware in our work.
- We review our policies yearly.