Adopt a Cat
Our main objective is to find good, loving homes for the cats in our care. We vet all potential homes and send cats only to those that meet our requirements; once everyone is happy with the adoption we will deliver the cat to your home.
If you wish to visit the Boote Home to view a particular cat, you can make an appointment once you have completed the vetting process. The Boote Home is not open to the public; all visits to see the cats must be arranged through the Homing Team.
Sometimes things don’t work out: in these cases we guarantee that we will take the cat back, but we do ask that you give the cat at least two weeks to settle into your home.
How to Adopt
Adopting a cat could not be simpler:
- Call us between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week, on 0151 228 4336
- Leave your message and contact details
- A volunteer will call you back to discuss your requirements and take you through the vetting process
- If you wish to visit your chosen cat/kitten at the Boote Home, an appointment will be made for you
- Your cat will be delivered to your home and you pay the relevant adoption fee upon delivery
We guarantee that if it does not work out, for any reason, we will take the cat back.
From 1st March 2020 our adoption fee is £90 per cat. This helps towards following costs:
- Neutering of all cats and kittens over 4 months old
- Vaccination against cat flu and feline infectious enteritis
- Flea treatment
- Worm treatment
- Any necessary veterinary treatment
- Collar and engraved identity disc (replacement discs are free if you move home or lose
the original one)
- Delivery of the cat or kitten to your home. We deliver in the Merseyside area, but
occasionally, for special cases, we can travel farther afield.
We provide four weeks’ free insurance with Petplan for every cat or kitten adopted from us, regardless of age.