Adopt a Cat
Our main objective is to find good, loving homes for the cats in our care. We vet all potential homes and send cats only to those that meet our requirements; once everyone is happy with the adoption we will deliver the cat to your home.
The Boote Home is not open to the public; visits to see the cats are not currently possible as there are not enough volunteers for this.
Sometimes things don’t work out: in these cases we guarantee that we will take the cat back, but we do ask that you give the cat at least two weeks to settle into your home.
How to Adopt
Adopting a cat could not be simpler:
- Call us between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week, on 0151 228 4336
- Leave your message and contact details
- A volunteer will call you back to discuss your requirements and take you through the vetting process
- Photographs and videos of the chosen cat(s) will be sent to you.
- Your cat will be delivered to your home and you pay the relevant adoption fee upon delivery
We guarantee that if it does not work out, for any reason, we will take the cat back.
From 1st May 2023 our adoption fee is £110 per cat. This helps towards following costs:
- Neutering of all cats and kittens over 4 months old
- Vaccination against cat flu and feline infectious enteritis
- Flea treatment
- Worm treatment
- Any necessary veterinary treatment
- Collar and engraved identity disc (replacement discs are free if you move home or lose the original one)
- Delivery of the cat or kitten to your home. We deliver in the Merseyside area, but
occasionally, for special cases, we can travel farther afield.
We provide four weeks’ free insurance with Petplan for every cat or kitten adopted from us, regardless of age.